Sunday, October 2, 2011

Selecting MY Wedding Gown

I ran into some old photos today while looking for some other ones and I just thought I would share some with you. (Put in mind, theses are OLD, meaning, not super high quality photographs). James and I were married in 2008, but I didn't start my blog until AFTER we had been married for a month or so. Even then I never shared anything about my Wedding or Honeymoon, I just started from where I was at in life, and went from there. But, Today I've decided to let you see my decision making process while looking for "THE Gown!" The one that I would say "Yes" too.
Selecting a Wedding Gown for yourself is quite exciting! You get to dress up, you get every one's attention for the day, AND at the end of the day you get to buy a dress just for you!
There are downsides though. Mostly fatigue. It gets tiring putting on dress after dress after dress. When I went in I had looked at sooo many dresses in the magazine that I was unsure of what I REALLY wanted. I THOUGHT I had wanted a Mermaid cut Dress, but soon after actually trying one on decided against That. I actually tried a few different ones on with that style thinking that it had just been that One. But, ... It was All of them. No, No, and NO.
I tried to go for the more "Classic" look of what most brides wear. And even though I looked great in all the dresses I tried on, they weren't "The One."
Next was a more Modern look. Perhaps the strange new styles would suit MY personality? Or, maybe not. But at least it's worth a shot. I mean, this was my Wedding day we were talking about here! If your going to make a decision it might as well be an informed one. But I'm the type of personality that can keep pushing through many wardrobe changes. Some people might have given up after trying on so many dresses and just settled for One they had tried on just so it could be over with. Because Dress shopping can be difficult. After trying on so many dresses you begin to doubt and wonder when or even if you've Already Found the Dress.
But I kept looking and changing dresses because I wanted to make sure that I was REALLY really happy with the dress I selected. I wanted to make sure that years down the road I could still be In Love with it. As well as with the Groom. =] Being happy with MY dress was important to me. The Dress, the Photographs and the People were the most important things to me for my Wedding day. So if any of these things were to have been less than perfect I might have gone into depression or something very dramatic later.
I Did happen to find A dress that I loved. But When it came down to the end of the fittings at the end of the day I was torn between two dresses with Two completely different styles. One was actually the second dress I had tried on that day, and I had been comparing the other dresses to THAT dress the entire day thinking, "The second dress was better than this dress."
And Since TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" was non-existent in my life at that time I didn't know that, that was a sign that, THAT could be THE Dress! Which by the way, it Did end of being the one I selected. But Right now I was still torn between THE dress and a beautiful tool Ballgown Style dress. I DID want to feel like a Princess after all.
"Could this be the One?"
Here's THE DRESS! I had to leave and eat lunch in order to pull my mentality back together, and ultimately make a decision. But this is the dress I ended up selecting. It was a very plain dress, but I chose it so that I could put different accessories with it in order to make it look like a bunch of different dresses when my photo shoot came around. I was very pleased with my choice and still am Pleased with it today. God truly was there and helped me pick the dress I would never regret getting. This dress gave me Confidence.
I Think one of the best things about my dress was the price! $800 on Sale AND I didn't get ANY alterations because I floor model fit my body perfect! That's why I LOVE my body shape so much, it fits clothes perfectly 80% of the time. Stacey London & Clinton Kelly would have fun dressing me up I think. Or maybe I just want thier $5,000. lol
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Aw, your dress totally fit you AND your personality! And it made your butt look good. ;) Te he.
I'm glad you posted these pics - now I get to feel like I was there! Except I didn't actually have to watch you try on 50 dresses... I would be so confused after a while, too! Haha they all start to look the same after a while.