Friday, August 12, 2011

Leaving Newfoundland

I kinda wanted to call this post, "The Long Drive Home," for good reason, but then I decided that I would never be able to figure out where it was in my blog posts in case I ever wanted to find it quickly and efficiently. So, it is what it is.
The Moon was so Bright on our drive to the Ferry. James had a hard time seeing. It was like someone had their brights on in his side view mirrors.
My hair was sexy hot from a Full day of work, 5 hour Drive & then the 6 hour Ferry Ride with attempts to fall asleep in an airplane-like chair. (And that was just the trip to get off the island! We had a long way still to go).
James and I say goodbye to Newfoundland Officially Sunday Morning at 4am. That is when our Ferry leaves the Island. Some things I will miss are:

1. The way Newfy's talk; Accents, Vocabulary, the way they say 'Yes' While in-haling lol
2. The Awesome Night Life here; Pub's, Folk Music, Etc. AND I thought that it was SO awesome how everyone was in a band! Well, not literally, but most Newfy's play in a band and play in local pubs or at the George Street Festival or other festivals around the province.

3. Scenery; BEAUTIFUL Scenery! I'm just sad we had to hit it on the worst summer they've ever had. But even then the sights were great!
4. The People; in general. They are some of the most friendly people I have ever met! I think it's because they have their priorities straight. They Love God and Family First. Everything else just falls into place after that. They're all awesome like that.

5. The Wildflowers; scattered everywhere! Need I say more?
Our car got the top deck this time! Making for a quick escape from the boat once docked. That way we don't get stuck on the two lane highway behind a ton of Semi's!It was a great ride while it lasted. And the drive back is the next adventure in our little fairytale. I'm so glad we get to take a Ferry! (I think it's cool at least! I mean ... How many people get to drive their cars onto a boat and float back to mainland!? Not that many. Unless you're from a place like that, but even then ... most people don't do it. They probably have a lack of adventure in them. Or severe health problems lol).
Back in the car after the Ferry Ride. Here, Wweeee GOo!
The Simpson's aren't American at all! They live in Nova Scotia!
I hope we can return one day and perhaps do that hike I was wanting to do. Ya know, the two day one where you bush wack and have to take a map and compass!? Yeah, that one. I think it would be a great place to return too and camp a little and see some icebergs this time, AND go see the place where the Vikings landed!
Love Always,
Mrs. Fray Fray
Video Will Eventually be posted.

1 comment:

Heather said...

my goodness thats a lot of cardboard cut outs.