Monday, March 30, 2009

Banff Snowboarding!

On Friday James and I went to the temple, he helped with the Youth Baptisms, and since I didn't really have anything to do for them I went and did initiatory's for the first time since my own. It was really neat.

We took off on Saturday with the Elders quorum president and another brother from the ward to Banff to Sunshine Ski Resort! It was AWESOME! To actually get to the resort you have to get on a 25-30min. Gondola ride. That was the first time I had ever ridden on a gondola and it was really neat! Then once we got up there James and I lost our company on accident (This resort was huge!) So we spent the day together. This was the second time ever I had gone snowboarding and I had so much fun! There were literally like 15 different chair lifts and you could literally go to the tops of the mountains!
I can do really well Snowboarding, I don't fall, I just STOP if I get tired. I don't really get all that frightened by steep slopes because I just focus on what's two feet ahead of me instead of what's 100 feet down! It's not all that scary to me. But I am only good at heel edge, James tried to show me toe edge, but THAT scares me ha ha So, I'm going to get a trainer next time we head out so that I can go on the blue level slopes and not just the green.

The guys we went with spent most their day out on the black diamonds and blue level slopes, sometimes the green.

You could even opt to SKI-OUT instead of riding the Gondola back down the mountain. James Rode-out to the parking lots, but I rode down on my own. I wasn't ready to spend 25 straight min. killing my legs down the hill. I'm still a beginner. But he had fun doing it. The Gondola's we rode are actually the Fastest 8 passenger gondola's in the WORLD! (Pictures are of us in the Gondola and on a Lift.)

All in all, it was a great day! We want to go Snowboarding once more before the season is out, so we'll see where our funds are then but we enjoy outdoor activities together. James and I are sort of funny like that. We would rather buy sporting equipment over a nice couch or something I guess more practical? Not that that's All we spend our money on, but it's just the way we think. We don't buy "THINGS" Too often, but we like to make it nice when we do decide to spend our money. We've been trying to budget our money better each month and save. So hopefully we will be experts some day.

Also, on Sunday James and I received callings. He will now be the Gospel Doctrine Teacher, and I will be the "Valiant 12"! Teacher. So in July (When they all turn 12) I will get to teach and then go to Relief Society. So, I'm pretty Satisfied with my call. I just need to figure out how to relate to 12 year olds? How they think and the best way to reach them spiritually. I Don't know...I just hope it goes well. At least I don't have to start until AFTER general Conference! That gives me about two weeks to prepare.

(Me going down the hill)
I also Start work this week on Wednesday. I will be working at D'ARCY RANCH GOLF CLUB for the summer (Until Oct. 31st) So that will be fun. My Dad and James are excited for my Golf benefits, I Am too! Whelp. That is our adventures for this week, until next time.
Sincerely,
Mrs. Fray Fray

No comments: